The internet can be our best friend and our worst enemy, especially when we are looking for something that seems impossible to find. Well look no more, we are making it easy to find all the writing resources you need.
Looking to improve your craft? These websites have you covered!
- Better Novel Project
- Creative Penn
- Helping Writers Become Authors – KM Weiland
- Jane Friedman
- Novel Writing Help
- Sanderson Lectures
- Terribleminds Blog (NSFW)
- Writer’s Digest
- Writers Union of Canada
- Writing with Color
- Writing the Other
Dictionaries and Style Guides
Need an editor to help make your writing shine? These professional organizations can help you find the right fit!
- Editors Canada
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- Institute of Professtional Editors
- Chartered Institue of Editing and Proofreading
Mental Health and Self-Care
Working in isolation as writers and artists can be difficult. If you’re going through a difficult period, there are many resources to help get you back on track.
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- CAMH Covid-19 Resource Page
- Sometimes Writer’s Block is Really Depression
- Waterloo Region Mental Wellness
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support